Become amazing and become someone''s Pal
Our volunteers understand the needs of someone that has cancer and how this can affect their own lives as well as their families. We can offer support, companionship, empathy and a listening ear to any cancer patient from the start of their cancer journey through to the end. All of our volunteers are based in the Milton Keynes University Hospital and all services are offered within this vicinity.
Volunteers help patients in MKUH by...
- Sitting and chatting with them while they receive treatment
- Visiting them on the ward and helping them with anything while they are in hospital
- Signposting them to relevant services that could help them and their family.
- Talking to them about everyday things and treating them as an individual, not just focusing on their condition.
- Talking to medical professionals, with their consent, if they are too upset to do so
- Chatting on the phone in between hospital visits
- Helping and supporting the patient and their family at end of life.
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart."
Who are we looking for?
Without the support of our volunteers, Al’s Pals would not exist. There are many different options in volunteering for us, and we would love to hear from you to find out more about you and how you can help. If you have experience of dealing with cancer in some way then please get in touch and find out more about becoming a pal and supporting someone. Volunteering will also provide opportunities to meet new people, develop and learn new skills, and gain experience. Get in touch to find out more…
If you would like to help...
If you would like to speak to someone about the service and how we can help you then please feel free to contact us direct on email@example.com or 07745 601047 or alternatively speak with your Nurse or Doctor and they can refer you direct. Or pop in and see us at the Cancer Centre, Milton Keynes Hospital, Milton Keynes